What does Doula support include?
- Prenatal home visits to educate and prepare you for birth and immediate postpartum period
- Continuous availability for phone and email consults
- 24/7 on-call support from the time you are 37wks until the birth of your baby
- Continuous support in hospital or home while you are in labor until shortly after baby arrives
- Immediate breastfeeding support once baby arrives
- Labor and Birth photographs (if you so desire)
- Use of an Elle TENS unit, use of one of my birth pools if you are planning to birth at home, and access to my lending library during your pregnancy
- One postnatal check-in within 24hrs of your birth
- Up to two in home postnatal check-in visits
- As a solo Doula I consciously limit my availability to avoid births crossing over. If there is ever a need to call a back-up Doula, I have relationships with many Doulas throughout the Sea to Sky Corridor, and you will not be without support.
Keep in mind that some babies arrive early while others arrive late, this can affect my availability. I would encourage you to inquire regardless of the calendar availability as it can shift quickly.
Postpartum Doula Care
Exclusively for Lunamama's birth doula clients, postpartum care is tailored to individual needs. I offer information and hands on support with:
- New baby care (diapering, bathing, dressing)
- Breastfeeding/feeding support and education
- Light housework and meal preparation
- Emotional support
- Phone support for any questions or concerns regarding you and/or babe
Après Baby Home Visits
Postpartum home visits for families who haven't had me as their birth doula but who want support in navigating breastfeeding, postpartum emotions, sleep or early parenting. Your first visit is $75 with options for ongoing consulting based on availability, please call Kimberly directly to schedule a visit. 604-722-0108